- To send new maids for medical checkups under FOMEMA.
- To allow the maid to assist in housework only.
- To provide a room, food and adequate rest time.
- To ensure maids do not marry locals.
- To pay salary by first week of each month and to keep record of payments.
- To report to the immigration department if the maid is going missing or passes away.
- To bear the cost of sending maid back to her country once the employment contract ends.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Information of role guidelines
- To carry out job description as stated in the employment contract.
- Not to run any business.
- To follow instructions from the employer as stated in the contract.
- To take care of children or parents in the care of the employer.
- Not to get pregnant or give birth in Malaysia.
- Upon request to bring in a maid, it must get approval from government departments.
- To prepare a profile of the maid and ensure she fulfills an employer’s need.
- To replace a maid within three months if she fails the medical checkup.
- To confirm if the maid’s working pass is original and to approve temporary working permit.
- To issue a memo as and when the maid returns to her country of origin.
- To investigate reports of lost passport or runaway maid.
- To enforce the terms and conditions in the foreign maid contract.
- To monitor maid agencies.
- To look into physical and sexual abuse reports and for missing maids.